825 ZhangHeng Road, Pudong District
|Email: xinw#fudan.edu.cn (replace #
MSN : xinw2003#msn.com (replace # with @)
Office: 410, Computer Science Building, ZhangJiang Campus (Map Guide)
Xin Wang received the B.S. degree and the M.S. degree from Xidian University, Xi'an, China, in 1994 and 1997 respectively, in Information Theory and Communications. He received the Ph.D. degree from Shizuoka University, Japan in 2002, in Computer Science. Since 2002, he has been with the School of Computer Science at Fudan University, where he is currently a Full Professor. In 1995 and 1998, he had worked on China's first telecom-level video conferencing systems and DVB-S systems, in Huawei Tech. Ltd., Shenzhen, China.
He's with Self-Organizing Network and Information Coding Lab (SONIC), Fudan University.
Recently He majors in network coding, next-generation network architecture and mobile ad-hoc networks. His research interest include:
- Novel router structure and routing technique with Computing and Storage
- High creditability networking, architecture and service models
- Network quality monitoring
- Topology, routing and TCP performance in mobile ad-hoc networks
- IPv6 home-networking
A list can be found here.
I'm working on the following projects.
- Computing and caching at routers with multi-core processors, China high-tech project plan (863 Program)
- Novel router structure and routing technique based on network coding, Natural Science Foundation of China (NSFC)
- High creditability networking, architecture and service models, Shanghai Municipal R&D Foundation
Our lab is recruiting CS undergraduates. Research positions are available for highly motivated students with a background in computer networking. Undergraduates interested in this area, please send me an email with your resume.
Last updated by Xin Wang on 2011-3